Yellow 2 - Miss Mercer
Welcome to our class page. Please use the links to find out what we will be studying during this year's study topics. As the term progresses we will also add photos of the pupils work.
Things to know
- PE lessons are on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Please ensure you child wears the new PE kit in all the PE lessons. This includes appropriate footwear and black tracksuit bottoms/shorts.
- Children will be given their homework book on a Thursday and are expected to return it by the following Wednesday. This will be phonic based for the time being before moving onto a choice menu.
- Reading diaries are provided and we request that parents and pupils work together to keep a log of reading at home. Children need to be reading as regularly as possible.
- Children are given a book within line with their phonic phase, these will be changed Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Children should also complete quizzes on My On or Accelerated Reader after finishing a book.
- Each child is regularly tested on their comprehension skills and is then allocated a number band to choose from.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle each day. They can also bring a healthy snack to eat at breaktimes.
- We encourage weekly spelling and times table practice at home to support assessments. We send out new spellings in their spelling folders every Friday. These are again in line with your child's phonic phase.
World Book Day 2022
During world book day the children focused on the story of the Gruffalo. They began the day with reading the story and then wrote a character description of the Gruffalo. In the afternoon the children painted the face of the Gruffalo on paper plates. Here are some photos showing what we did.