Yellow 5 - Mrs Spencer & Mrs Willsmore
Welcome to Yellow 5
Welcome to our class page. Please use the links to find out what we will be studying during this year's study topics. As the term progresses we will also add photos of the pupils work.
Things to know
- PE lessons are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Please ensure you child wears the new PE kit in all the PE lessons. This includes appropriate footwear and black tracksuit bottoms/shorts.
- Children will be given their homework book on a Thursday and are expected to return it by the following Wednesday. Homework will initially be phonic based before moving onto a choice menu.
- Reading diaries are provided and we request that parents and pupils work together to keep a log of reading at home. Children need to be reading as regularly as possible.
- Children are given books in line with their phonic phase. they will also be given an additional book and should also complete quizzes on My On or Accelerated Reader after finishing a book.
- Each child is regularly tested on their comprehension skills and is then allocated a number band to choose from.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle each day. They can also bring a healthy snack to eat at breaktimes.
- We encourage weekly spelling and times table practice at home to support assessments. Sheets are sent out every Friday, in line with the phonic phase your child is on and tested each Friday.