Green 2 - Miss Edwards
Welcome to Green 2
Welcome to Miss Edwards’s class page...
Please use the below links to find out what we will be studying during this year's topics. As the term progresses we will add photos of the pupils work in the subject folders...
Things to know:
- PE lessons are on a Monday and Friday - Please ensure you child wears PE kit in all the PE lessons. This includes appropriate footwear and black tracksuit bottoms/shorts.
- Reading diaries are provided and we ask that parents and pupils work together to keep a log of reading at home. Children need to be reading as regularly as possible. Prizes are given for lots of home reading!
- Children will also complete quizzes on Accelerated Reader after finishing a book.
- Each child is regularly tested on their comprehension skills and is then allocated a ZPD to then choose a book from.
- We encourage weekly spelling to support their writing, phonics and reading, your child will be grouped according to their phonic phase/or the year 3/4 statutory words. You can use EdShed where you will find the children's spellings assigned each week for them to practice at home as well as paper copies given weekly; this will be on a Monday!
- TT Rockstars is the app we use to practice times tables... this helps improve speed and accuracy in preparation for their year 4 multiplication tests, as well as being fantastic help for their maths! Garage, Gig, Soundcheck and Studio will help improve their rock star status and climb our class TT chart!
- Children will be given their homework book on a Monday and are expected to return it by the following Friday. Homework choices can be found in their books.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle each day. They can also bring a healthy snack to eat at breaktimes.