Green 2 - Miss Edwards
Welcome to Green 2
Welcome to Miss Edwards’s class page. Please use the links to find out what we will be studying during this year's study topics. As the term progresses we will also add photos of the pupils work.
Things to know:
- PE lessons are on Monday and Thursday. Please ensure you child wears the new PE kit in all the PE lessons. This includes appropriate footwear and black tracksuit bottoms/shorts.
- Children will be given their homework book on a Friday and are expected to return it by the following Friday. Homework choices can be found in the topic pages.
- Reading diaries are provided and we request that parents and pupils work together to keep a log of reading at home. Children need to be reading as regularly as possible.
- Children should also complete quizzes on My On or Accelerated Reader after finishing a book.
- Each child is regularly tested on their comprehension skills and is then allocated a number band to choose from.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle each day. They can also bring a healthy snack to eat at breaktimes.
- We encourage weekly spelling and times table practice at home to support assessments. You can use ‘Edshed’ or ‘TT Rockstars’ to practice too! But we will also send out paper copies.
Children's login's for these will be in the back of their reading diaries or please speak to me and I can send you the login's!
In Green 2 we are proud to champion our schools initiative of ‘Take 5’ this is carried out after morning break & dinner time everyday… the breathing techniques are a time to relax and get back ready for learning.
Here are our ‘Take 5’ ambassadors and the class taking part…
World Book Day 2022 📚
We had a marvellous day in Green 2 - reliving our favourite books we have grown up with 📚 and not to mention a fun filled day of art; creating bookmarks, designing new book covers, and designing our favourite inspirational quotes from books. We listened to some stories read by famous singers, read our favourite books to teachers and then of course finished the day dancing to the world book day song.
🐻 Children In Need 2021 🐻
🏛 Roman Day 🏛 We spent the day dressed as Roman soldiers, gods, goddesses & citizens, even a Queen Boudicca. There was 5 workshops to take part in during the day; making catapults, shields, hammer bead mosaics, archeology activity and even a Roman battle dance!
Green 2 & Sparken Hill making into the National schools newspaper ‘First News’ - 2.6 million readers too. Thanks H for showing us off!
Rock Kidz - An amazing morning - we are all unique, amazing, one of a kind! Keep shining Green 2! 🎸🥁⚡️#yaasba
🤍 Kindness Tree…🤍
In a world where you can be anything… be kind!
Take a look at Green 2’s Kindness tree full of love & kind messages to their peers of Green 2!
📚 Storytime 📚
Everyday, before home time, we enjoy being read to … one of the books we have enjoyed reading books such as ‘Akimbo’!
…Akimbo and his parents live on the edge of an African game reserve. It's his father's task to protect the thousands of amazing animals who make it their home, and wildlife-loving Akimbo dreams of helping him.
🏆 Attendance Award 🏆
Wahoo this is the 2nd week of winning the attendance award in Autumn 2! Fantastic efforts in coming to school everyday Green 2.
First week back (Spring 2) and we won the attendance award again!