Yellow 5 - Mrs Spencer & Mrs Willsmore
Welcome to Yellow 5
Welcome to our class page. Please use the links below to find out what we have been learning and photos of our work.
- PE lessons are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays . Please ensure your child wears their school PE kit and removes all jewellery. This includes appropriate footwear and black tracksuit bottoms/shorts.
- Homework books will be given out on a Friday which is a choice menu. These will need to be returned by the following Friday.
- Reading diaries are provided and we request that parents and pupils work together to keep a log of reading at home. Children need to be reading as regularly as possible, ideally at least 3 times a week.
- Children who are in a phonics group will be given books in line with their phonic phase.
- Each child is regularly tested on their comprehension skills and is then allocated a number band to choose from. They can then complete quizzes on after finishing a book.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle each day. They can also bring a healthy snack to eat at break times although KS1 have fruit available daily.
- We encourage weekly spelling and times table practice at home to support assessments. Spellings are sent out every , in line with the phonic phase your child is on and tested each . Children can practice these on EDSHED. Times Table tests will be done every Friday and children can use Times Tables Rock stars to support this.