Green 2 - Miss Edwards
Welcome to Green 2
Welcome to Miss Edwards’s class page...
Please use the below links to find out what we will be studying during this year's topics. As the term progresses we will add photos of the pupils work in the subject folders...
Things to know:
- PE lessons are on Monday and Friday Please ensure you child wears the new PE kit in all the PE lessons. This includes appropriate footwear and black tracksuit bottoms/shorts.
- Children will be given their homework book on a Monday and are expected to return it by the following Friday. Homework choices can be found in the topic pages.
- Reading diaries are provided and we request that parents and pupils work together to keep a log of reading at home. Children need to be reading as regularly as possible. Prizes are given for lots of home reading!
- Children will also complete quizzes on My On / Accelerated Reader after finishing a book.
- Each child is regularly tested on their comprehension skills and is then allocated a number band to choose from.
- We encourage weekly spelling to support their writing, phonics and reading, your child will be grouped according to their phonic phase/or the year 3/4 statutory words. You can use EdShed where you will find the children's spellings assigned each week for them to practice at home as well as paper copies given weekly; this will be on a Tuesday.
- TT Rockstars is the app we use to practice times tables... this helps improve speed and accuracy in preparation for their year 4 multiplication tests, as well as being fantastic help for their maths! Garage, Gig, Soundcheck and Studio will help improve their rock star status and climb our class TT chart!
- Please provide your child with a water bottle each day. They can also bring a healthy snack to eat at breaktimes.
Green 2's Take 5 Ambassadors are Phoebe and Stanley, after every break and lunchtime they lead a 5 minute relaxing/breathing exercise this helps us to calm down, de stress and get ready for learning.
Green 2’s School Councillor is Jayton Easter. He is a fantastic ambassador for our class and takes his role very seriously; attending school council meetings and bringing back his minutes to address the class with what they have discussed and if the rest of the children have any thoughts or ideas. What a great representative for Sparken Hill too!
Coming to school is so important not only do you miss out on learning, you might miss out on a fun experiment, amazing art lesson - but even worse you lose time with your friends, time being active in PE, Clubs and lots of fun in the playground.
We are in competition with the rest of year 3/4 for attendance so if you are well please come to school!
Here we are winning our first attendance award of Autumn 1 … let’s win again!