Dear DAaRT student
Welcome to the Life Skills Primary Programme;
The programme is made up of 10 lessons plus a graduation where you will get to show others all that you have learned - we hope to teach you about some important subjects in a fun way. Have a look at the contents page opposite to see the different subjects we will be discussing. You will learn about respecting others. You will also consider risks and consequences related to drugs, and different types of behaviour including the use of knives, that can have a negative effect on you, others, and on your future. There is also much more information on our website www.lifeskills-education.co.uk.
You will get to meet the DAaRT Crew and see how they encounter and deal with various situations
- it will be your job to work together and help them to make good decisions. In helping them you will be learning how you too can stay safe and healthy and we will make sure that by the end of the course vou will:
- Be able to assess the risks and consequences of your behaviour
- Be able to make safe and responsible choices
- Have improved your communication and listening skills
- Be able to manage the impact of personal stress
- Know how to get help from others
- Have a better knowledge of drugs, alcohol and knives
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of difference and respect for others
Throughout the course you will have the responsibility of attending lessons, taking part in the activities, completing your workbook and writing your DaRT report. One of the first things you need to do is share this letter with whoever you live with so that they can see what you are learning and discuss it with you.
We do hope that you enjoy the course and know that you will find it useful.