Green 3 - Miss Chambers
Welcome to Green 3
Welcome to our class page. Please use the links to find out what we will be studying during this year's topics. As the term's progress we will add photos of the pupils work...
Things to know:
- PE lessons are on Monday and Tuesday Please ensure you child wears the new PE kit in all the PE lessons. This includes appropriate footwear and black tracksuit bottoms/shorts.
- Children will be given their homework book on a Friday and are expected to return it by the following Wednesday. Homework choices can be found in the topic pages.
- Reading diaries are provided and we request that parents and pupils work together to keep a log of reading at home. Children need to be reading as regularly as possible.
- Children should also complete quizzes on My On or Accelerated Reader after finishing a book.
- Each child is regularly tested on their comprehension skills and is then allocated a number band to choose from.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle each day. They can also bring a healthy snack to eat at breaktimes.
- We encourage weekly spelling and times table practice at home to support assessments. You can use ‘Edshed’ or ‘TT Rockstars’ to practice too! But we will also send out paper copies of the spellings.
Every Friday two children bring in a book that they want to brag about. It can be a school book or one they are reading for fun at home! They then present them to the class and talk about the authors, what they like about the book and summarise the story.